The Charlbury Society Privacy notice
Our contact details Name: The Charlbury Society E-mail:
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Membership related information (names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers) of members; and
- Gift Aid related information (whether members have made a declaration and, if so, the donations made to the Society).
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the purpose of your membership of the Society, and in connection with the uses described below.
We use the information that you have given us:
- to enable us to inform you about events organised by the Society and to facilitate your participation in them;
- to enable us to inform you about events organised by other bodies or persons which we believe may be of interest to you.
We will not share this information with any other person or body.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is that we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on password protected PCs and servers.
We keep the following types of information for the following periods of time:
- Membership related information will be retained until the expiry of one year from the expiry of the member’s membership of the Society; and
- Gift Aid related information will be retained for the period of seven years.
At the end of these periods we will dispose of your information by deleting any electronic version permanently from our computer systems, and shredding any paper version.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have various rights, including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. His address is Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF and the helpline number is 0303 123 1113. The ICO’s website can be found at https://www.ico.org.uk .