Charlbury Post Office has played an important role in the town for well over 100 years. In the past it employed many people who sorted and delivered mail round the town by bicycle. This photograph of the staff was taken around 1912 outside their office which at that time was located in a building next to the Rose & Crown. It clearly shows the distinctive Charlbury Post Office sign on the frontage. Recently this sign was kindly gifted to the museum by Martin Prew, son of the late Ron Prew who for many years was our curator. The sign can be seen hanging above the Post Office counter in the museum. Many thanks to Richard Cherry, a museum volunteer, for hanging the sign for us.

